Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Charity Foundation has become one of the co-organizers of HKACS-Jockey Club “Walking Hand-in-Hand” Cancer Family Support Project since September 2018 to provide holistic support to families with cancer patients in New Territories (except Islands, Tsuen Wan and Kwai Tsing). The Project is funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. The project team is comprised of registered nurses, registered social workers and survivors. We provide the following services for families with cancer patients to support their physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs:
- Cancer Information: Understand the diagnosis, symptoms and treatment of cancer
- Care Tips: Learn to alleviate the side effects after surgery and during chemotherapy/radiotherapy
- Nutrition Tips: Advice on nutrition so that patients can be in a good condition for treatment
- Outreach Visits: Support families with cancer patients through home visits and visit to oncology outpatient department
- Counselling: Provide immediate emotional support
- Community Resources: Refer the families to appropriate community resources, like domestic helpers, escort services, financial assistance etc.
- Local Support Groups and Outings: Meet other cancer patients and survivors, enjoy quality family time and leave the distress of cancer behind
- Palliative Care: Support patients in their last journey and give comfort to the families
We believe that every family with cancer patients have their own resources. At the same time, they also need different levels of support. If you have any inquiries or require any support, please feel free to contact the Project Tai Po Centre at 2689 2241.
HKACS-Jockey Club “Walking Hand-in-Hand” Cancer Family Support Project:
Download Service Pamphlet
Download Referral Form